- Date: June 16-17, 2015
- Location: VersionOne – 6220 Shiloh Road, Suite 400, Alpharetta, Georgia (GA) 30005
An interactive leadership-focused workshop building skills and competencies to effectivelyguide and grow agile leaders and organizations. This workshop is focused in two parts: internally on the agile leader in their self-agility and leading others, and externally on the leaders capacity to drive organizational agility and change. The workshop is rooted on the Leadership Agility 360 Assessment Framework and the Competing Values Framework for Organizational Culture and may be coupled with an Organiztional Agility 360 Assessment and one-on-one coaching.
Day 1: Leadership Agility & Pivotal Conversations
Day I explores the Leadership Agility Framework focusing on the internal competencies of the agile leader in driving their own self-leadership agility and conducting effective and impactful conversations in engaging others in building a shared responsibility organization. The topics of the day include:
- Leadership Agility Maturity Model – Learn interactively through Ed, a fictional leader and his leadership maturation through three critical phases – as an Expert Leader, as an Achiever Leader and as a Catalyst Leader. Further exploration into how Ed’s approaches impact organizational agility.
- Self-Leadership Agility – Discover how change, and other various threats and rewards, impact the leader (and followers) through evaluating cognitive reactions and response strategies, and a focus on feedback and the strategies for setting direction and adapting to change.
- Leading Pivotal Conversations – Practice a simple 5-step conversation technique to positively impact every aspect of your work (and personal) life. Leveraging the Leadership Agility Framework and the neuroscience of change, this technique will enable the leader to avoid threats and increase rewards in engaging others – driving positive change.
Day 2: Organizational Agilty & Structures
Day 2 expands upon the Leadership Agility Framework to focus on the external competencies of the agile leader in driving organizational change. It includes understanding and leveraging organizational culture and structures to build and sustain organizational agility – which is the ability to develop adaptability and flexibility within the organization itself. The topics of this workshop include:
- Fostering a Culture of Agility – Transforming agility within an organization introduces new values which may, or may not, align with the organizational values and culture. This workshop provides a model for assessing the current and preferred culture, and its alignment with agility. Furthermore, we explore organizational case studies which leveraged a cultural approach to drive and sustain agility.
- Leading Organizational Change – A fundamental role of the agile leader is in leading an organization through (ongoing) change. This workshop will provide a framework for the leader to assess and improve their own ability to set direction, engage with stakeholders, work through differences, and creatively analyze problems and create solutions which drive positive and impactful change.
- Enabling Organizational Agility – Organizational agility is more than just “DOING” agile, it is “BEING” agile. The difference is that agility becomes embedded within the culture and structure of the organization. This workshop will focus on culturally-aligned structural patterns leaders can look to to help drive and sustained more effective organizational agility.